Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Time to get started .. for real!

Wow, where did the time go? Had it really been a whole month since I started this thing? It had been and I hadn't run a single step! And to make the whole thing even better, I hurt my big toe ... and the rest of my foot, not just my big toe. Yes, this is your chance to laugh and shake your head a bit at me and wonder what I'm doing. Don't worry I had done the same. But it's official, the Athletic Trainer of the Year Award goes to Lexie at the Air Force Academy. My wonderful friend is in the process of fixing it for me and she must be doing something right because I made it to track practice tonight and ran. I didn't get to do too much at last week's practice because of my foot but I was able to go full force tonight and it felt great. 4 1/2 miles later, I had completed my first track practice!! :)

The best part to come out of the night was that I met someone that was in the same boat I was ... someone that was running for the first time and had never been much of a runner and was still in the "what am I doing" phase! And she's even in my running group and should be doing the same time splits I am .. a true God send! We talked about how we're in the same situation and about how we're going to be a great support for each other over the next few months as we go through the same struggles and same exciting moments. We're even going to go on runs together - who ever thought I would be the person that would have a friend to go on runs with?! Ha! I just wish I could convince her to run the Denver Marathon instead of the Nike Women's Marathon! Fat chance with that one.

I must say, I'm feeling really motivated after today's track workout!

Oh, and my wonderful fundraising letters and e-mails are going out this week ... please support me as much as you can. The sooner I reach my financial goal, the sooner I can forget about fundraising and focus on running!!

Daily miles: 4.5
Total miles: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment