Saturday, May 30, 2009

Garden of the Gods

For those of you that know anything about my time in Colorado, you know that Garden of Gods is one of my absolutely favorite places to go. It's the first place I went hiking when I moved out here and my favorite place to go on a nice day. I'm still amazed by how beautiful the rock formations are and I love being able to hike/walk around until I find a perfect spot and to sit and read. I just love it!

I was NOT looking forward to my sacred happy place this morning for our group run and "hill intervals". I love that place, I didn't want to taint it with the memories of being in pain running up hills multiple times (remember how much I hate hills from my previous posts!) It was even more daunting to be have the alarm go off at 5:30am after being out late at the Denver Nuggets game the night before. But, I started the morning with a positive attitude and it was a pretty great day. Don't get me wrong, I still HATE hills - I hate everything about them but running in a beautiful place on a sunny morning almost takes the pain out of them. And seriously, having 7 1/2 total miles under my belt before 10am on a Saturday was a pretty great feeling!

Thought I would share a picture of the beautiful scenery from my run ...


Daily miles: 7.5
Total miles: 16

No comments:

Post a Comment