Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Dreaded ... High Chaparral

I was successful in avoiding it all of last season but now that I'm a "leader", I couldn't continue it any longer ... I had to attend a training at High Chaparral Open Space, home of the worst hills in Team in Training history. It's an absolutely beautiful spot, with great views of Pikes Peak and Garden of Gods off in the distance, as you can see by the picture below.




The physical beauty is an absolute distraction from how killer the hills are. Coaches bring participants here in the beginning for some early hill workouts to build strength. Three hill runs are all people can handle. I was truly planning on running with the group this morning and pushing myself but a head cold really prevented me. I had been knocked out for the last few days and just didn't feel up to it. I went out and helped out and "mentored" the group and walked but honestly, didn't have it in me to run. Still got some time in on the feet but a little disappointed. Maybe one day when I really need a good workout, I'll drive myself down there and run the hills on my own .. maybe ..

Today's Miles: 2.5
Total Miles: 11.5

No comments:

Post a Comment