Thursday, November 26, 2009

Gobble, Gobble!


Happy Thanksgiving! Since I'm a "runner" now, I participated in my first ever "Turkey Trot". I was excited to be able to join the masses on Thanksgiving morning - and those people being those running a 5K around neighborhoods instead of those at an arena watching college basketball. Okay, please don't get me wrong, college basketball is what pays the bills but I'm enjoying not working on Thanksgiving. I was excited to be running a Turkey Trot. I got up on a BEAUTIFUL Thanksgiving morning - 50 and sunny - and ran with some buddies from Team in Training. I thought it was pretty enjoyable to run in capri pants, tank top, and long sleeve shirt - yes, that's it - pretty bizarre for the morning in late November. So, it wasn't my best 5K run ever due to the strike of the migraine around mile 2, as well as the most hilly course ever, but I crossed the finish like 38.05 minutes later. After spending a little bit of quality time with the running buddies, I went home to skype (video chat) with the family in CT for Thanksgiving dinner, stuff my face with cranberry sauce and apple pie (without feeling AS guilty because I burned 300 calories this morning) and watch the Dallas Cowboys win another amazing Thanksgiving Day football game. :)
Today's Miles: 3.0
Total Miles: 9.0

1 comment:

  1. I'm running a 5k this weekend! Gotta get one in while I am still living with perfect weather. Although I imagine your Colorado terrain is much rougher than Florida haha

    ReplyDelete