Saturday, November 21, 2009

Timed Mile!

Yes!!! It's time to get started again. Today's the first official day of the Inaugural Spring Season of Team in Training. As we do with every season, we start off with a timed mile. It was nice to have the whole group together (huddled around the heater in the tent because it was only 25 degrees). They were excited and nervous and I definitely remember being in their shoes 6 months ago. We did our standard warm-up walk to the bridge and went to the track. One of the turns of the track was covered in ice so we had to modify - I have a feeling that we will be doing that a lot this season. We ran the mile - I ran a 10:50 - I think it's the fastest timed mile I have ever run. I was feeling pretty good, especially since it's the first time I've run since the half marathon over a month ago! I'm excited to get training and running again. I learned so much last season that I can use to my advantage this season and I'm looking forward to improving so much. I feel like I'm starting at the beginning again right now but I'm sure that will come back really quick. Day 1 to the Nashville Country Music Marathon done! :)

Today's Miles: 3.0
Total Miles: 3.0

No comments:

Post a Comment