Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Boom, Boom, Flash!

Track practice tonight ended with a bang .. and a flash .. and lots of rain! We started off the night with walking our warm-up in the opposite direction as we normally do because there was a storm coming in and it looked like there were some lightning flashes to the south. We made it over to the track and after our warm-up, Coach gave us very strict instructions - when we hear his "horn", we need to immediately go to the tunnel for cover. The storm was coming in pretty fast - if I hadn't been with the group, there's no way I would have stayed outside. It was crazy how dark it was getting but I know we were trying to get as much in as possible, while still being safe, and hoping that it would just dump a bit of rain. Well, we got 2 laps into our workout and the skies opened up on us ... it rained and stormed pretty bad while we were all huddled under the tunnel. It broke just enough for us to run to the cars and get home to safety. I'm a little disappointed in the fact that I didn't get to run more but it was kind of nice to relax on my patio and watch the lightning over the mountains when I got home :)

Today's Miles: 2.0
Total Miles: 147.5

No comments:

Post a Comment