Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Starting Up Again

Well, just as I had thought was going to happen, I didn't run at all the last week while the family was in town. My week was just so crammed with things that I didn't fit it in. I wish I had run but again, it wasn't a priority of mine since I was so excited to spend as much time as possible with my family. So, with that said, tonight at track practice was the first time back to running in a week. I really need to stop doing that - I need to run a lot more often than once a week. My knee was feeling pretty good until a little more than half way through the workout. But, despite the pain, I was so determined tonight to do well. I hit my split times with 5 seconds for every single lap - I was so on tonight. All I could think about was the quote by Sir Roger Bannister - "The man who can drive himself further once the effort gets painful is the man who will win." Yes, I pushed myself as much as I could because I know I needed to, but took it as easy as I could when I had the chance. Tonight made me realize that I can push through the pain and while I'm going to continue to keep an eye on my knee and listen to it, I know that it doesn't have to stop me from running all together. This is good because starting today, I'm going to be serious about this running thing for the next 2 months until the race. I know I can do it and I want to be able to do it to the best of my ability. Bring it on!

Today's Miles: 7.0
Total Miles: 132.5

No comments:

Post a Comment