Sunday, August 23, 2009

Heck Yeah!

Whooo, 12 miles today! Okay, actually, Denise and I got a bit motivated on the end and went further than we thought we had gone so it ended up being 13 miles. Coach has officially named us the "OAL" .. the "Over-Achieving Ladies" ... HAHA who would have thought that I would be called an overachiever! Anyways, I started off the morning on a bit of a rough start - after only sleeping 4 hours and getting up at 5am. I do NOT recommend that, it's tough to not have a lot of energy to start the day. Our meeting spot is the intersection of two trails (3 directions) so coach's plan for me for the morning was 50 minutes on each trail. I kept up a pretty decent pace so I did 4 miles on the first two of my trails ... totalling 8 miles. I got pretty tired at this point - my feet hurt and my body just gets really sore. I walked the last 5 miles with Denise. Truth be told, I probably could have run a bit more and I probably should have so I could teach my body to push through the sore/tiredness but I ended up walking instead. If nothing else, I did increase the time on my feet, which is almost as important as the mileage, so I felt pretty good. I was supposed to run 11 miles this week based on my training schedule so I thought I did pretty well when I finished the day with 13 miles. I was completely wiped out afterwards but it's so amazing that I was able to get that long of a day in!! It was the burst of energy and motivation that I needed to get excited about this challenge. Now that I'm this close to the total miles, I know that I can do it - it's no longer an extreme, way-out-of-line idea that I can't reach, it's something I can do. Now that I can do it, I get to work on doing it better and improving myself even more. I'm really excited - both for this morning's run and the burst of energy for the next 8 weeks until race day!! :)

Today's Miles: 13.0
Total Miles: 145.5

No comments:

Post a Comment