Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Recharging

Sometimes, you just need to step back and recharge ... and that's exactly what Denise and I did tonight. It was another rainy Tuesday night (in fact, it hailed pea-sized hail while I was driving after work) and since I was already downtown meeting Denise, we decided to skip running in the rain and treat ourselves to some dinner, wine and good ol' girl talk! I've been exhausted lately and I know Denise has been having some of her own struggles with running and we just needed a night to recharge our batteries and get excited again for what we were doing. Don't get me wrong, I've always been excited for this experience but there are some times I'm a little more drained than I would like to be. Denise inspires me to run and to take on this challenge, and it was spectacular to take that same positive attitude she has to talk about other things in my life. Anyways, I left dinner 3 hours later and am really excited again for what I'm doing. Tonight was totally worth it!! :)

31 days until the half-marathon ... eeek!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment