Tuesday, September 22, 2009

So Cold!

Well, fall/winter has come a little bit early this year to Colorado. The last day of summer was accompanied by 40 degree weather - in fact, I turned on my fireplace on last night to warm up. Unfortunately, today was even colder and they have been predicting snow tonight/tomorrow (up to 10 inches in some places!!). I was determined to not let the cold weather ruin my track practice. I bundled up - gloves and ear warmers included - and even made sure that I had other clothing options because I didn't know what I was going to want to run in. I've never run in the cold weather so I didn't know what to expect. And boy, it was chilly - which is challenging to run in - it makes your lungs feel like they're freezing. An hour and a half later, we had finished our workout of 4x800 intervals with increasing speeds with an easy 400 in between each one followed by as much running as we could to hit 7:30pm, and we wrapped up practice. I was off to a friend's house for some warm pizza and hot chocolate (and warm brownie/ice cream!) - probably not the best nutritional post-run meal but totally warmed me up and was enjoyable. All I know is that I'm a little nervous to what I'm going to wake up to in the morning and have to run in if all this snow actually happens ...

Today's Miles: 5.5
Total Miles: 178.5

No comments:

Post a Comment