Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Snow?!?


I've decided that it's getting too hard to run after work so I need to modify my running schedule a bit to ensure that I keep up the running and don't skip my workouts, as I've done in the past. Three of the women I work with have been walking/running at a track near our houses in the morning before work and I decided I was going to join them. It totally holds me accountable for showing up in the morning (I would definitely get razzed on if I missed a morning) and know that I'll really keep up my workout if I know people are watching. I got up this morning and made it out to the track by 6am with my co-workers no where in sight. Yes, I learned when I got to work that they instituted their "winter weather" plan of skipping the workout at the track to run/walk at their warm apartment gyms. Long story short, the morning started off at 30 degrees (even colder than last night) and as my run went on, the wind got even worse and then it started snowing. I had to walk backwards down one of the straightaways because the wind and snow in my face was so bad that I couldn't run/walk in that direction. I made it through 2.5 miles before I realized that I just couldn't be out there anymore - I'll finish my other mile tonight at the gym before yoga. I'm looking forward to the weather warming back up to normal (hopefully this weekend) so I can enjoy my morning runs and be warm again!!

Today's Miles: 2.5
Total Miles: 181.0

No comments:

Post a Comment