Saturday, July 25, 2009

12:30pm High Sun!

Since I still don't do well with early Saturday morning runs, it was really awesome when Becky wanted to run with my on Saturday morning. I was super excited to still get a great long run in with someone that runs at my pace. Due to some things out of our control, our 9am run got pushed back to 12:30pm. It was HOT! The sun was beating right down on us without a cloud in the sky. Normally, I would love this weather but it's tough to run in. I even got a bit of a sun burn. Despite how hot it was, it was an awesome run. We ran south for 3 miles on a trail that had markers every 1/2 mile - a huge perk. We turned around, walked a mile, ran a mile (past the construction workers), and then walked our last mile. I got my 6 miles in and still felt great, despite the fact that my knee was definitely getting pretty sore. I was a bit disappointed I didn't run the 10k with the team in the morning so I could judge my time and my progression but the run with Becky totally made up for it. All in all, it was a pretty day of running!

Today's Miles: 6.0
Thursday's Miles: 3.0
Total Miles: 99.0

No comments:

Post a Comment