Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Finally .. WHOO!!

WHOO!! I FINALLY had a great night of running. On my way to track practice, I was feeling totally defeated from last night's running debacle and was totally exhausted and looking for any reason to not go to track practice tonight. It was a crummy, cloudy, rainy day and a few of us were just waiting for the skies to open up so we could end track practice. Well, the skies sure opened and it rained for a good 30 minutes. It honestly felt so refreshing and I loved it :) The best part of it all was the unbelievable rainbows ... a complete rainbow next to a second. God must have known that I needed something positive tonight to encourage me to keep going. It sure worked because this was the best night I've had running wise. I kept up with my fellow runners without struggling and was completely on my paces. I even ran faster during my first two 1200 meters, and was within 2 seconds of my pace for the third 1200. It felt so amazing. I successfully completed 150 lunges back and forth across a soccer field, followed by a mile run to complete the night. I normally walk the cool down (800m) but we were told to do a mile tonight and I ran the whole thing. I felt totally amazing! I totally needed tonight to boost my excitement. I left practice feeling so good about myself and feeling completely refreshed about what I'm doing and why. I just wish that I could have more nights like this because I'm on such a runners high. I love it :)

Today's Miles: 6.5
Total Miles: 106.0

No comments:

Post a Comment