Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Struggling

I'm really struggling with running when I'm out of my schedule. I (unfortunately) am in CT for a week to celebrate the life and say goodbye to the best second mother in the world, Mrs. Loux. After an amazing 3 1/2 year battle, cancer finally took this amazing woman from us and needless to say, I rushed home and wanted to spend as much time here as I could to be with Cara and the rest of the Loux family and my friends. As important as it is for me to be here and to have this time to grieve and have comfort, I was really hoping that I would be able to run as well. The problem is that everything else that is going on continues to take precedence over my running. I'll plan on going out for a run and then next thing I know, it's too late and I have to do something else or I don't even bother trying to fit it in because I'm so busy with other things. I want to run, I want to make it a priority but everything else just seems to be more important at times. It's frustrating for me because I haven't run in days and I know that I need to, especially since I know I'm falling behind in training. I love the comfort of a schedule and knowing that I can go after work and not worry about other things being taking the front seat to running. I just need to get out there and run ...

... and unfortunately, I was all set to go today and we're having wonderful downpours and thunder/lightning storms ... probably not the best time to run ... crap ...

No comments:

Post a Comment