Monday, July 27, 2009

I Thought I Was Over This ...

It's official, I'm freaking frustrated with my knee and the pain. It's been bothering me for a few weeks now. Sometimes I can run 2-4 miles before it starts to hurt, sometimes (like tonight), I can't run at all. I hopped on the treadmill and was in immediate pain all through my knee and my calf. I couldn't even get a whole mile in because I was almost in tears. It's just so frustrating. I thought that I was over the knee pain and that I would be able to do this half marathon. I try so hard some nights and it's so frustrating during nights like tonight where I can't do anything. I couldn't even do my leg extensions to try and strengthen my quad because I was in so much pain. Honestly, I can't even do 1 mile or extensions with 10 pound weights?!? UGH!! And the more pain that I'm in, the more scared I am for my knee doctor appointment next week. I'm so scared that the doctor is going to tell me something is wrong and that I can't run this race. I've come too far for this and I'm way to excited and have so many great things that I'm looking forward to with it. I have friends from CT and my mom coming out to watch me run, which is so unbelievable that they're giving me so much support! I can't imagine being told that I can't run the race because of my knee. I hate the fact that there's a chance my knee can once again hold me back from doing what I want to do. I thought I was over it...

Today's Miles: 0.5
Total Miles: 99.5

No comments:

Post a Comment