Friday, July 17, 2009

End of Week Update

I thought I would provide a little update of my week ...

I took a break from running on Wednesday to go for a hike with Becky and Lisa after work. It was a beautiful night and it was great to be outside and in a different environment. And, we got through the entire hour hike just as it started to lightning/thunder - perfect timing! Getting struck by lightning would have really put a damper on my training.

I ran yesterday on the treadmill, which was a little disappointing since I should have taken advantage of another beautiful night without rain, something that's very rare in Colorado in the summer! While eating dinner, I got caught up in the "Raising Sextuplets" marathon and couldn't tear myself away from it ... so ridiculous. I figured I could give in a little bit and go to the fitness center and watch it there while running. Anything to get myself running a bit. Unfortunately, my left calf and knee were at it again and were a bit sore. I really thought I was over this whole five knee surgery pain thing. I did have to shorten my run a bit but I'm not going to stop running in general. I'm determined to push through it!!

And today is Friday ... aka ... REST DAY!! Whoo!! It's going to be a nice day off before tomorrow's long run to give my body a day to recover a bit.

PS - Thanks to the Two Gomers for the shout out to my blog on their Facebook page and the great comment to my earlier post when I introduced them to my blog. Super sweet :)

Wednesday's miles: 2.5
Thursday miles: 2.5
Total miles: 83.00

No comments:

Post a Comment