Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Whiny McWhinerson

It's official, I struggled tonight and came up with every single excuse possible to explain why I was running like crap. I named myself "Whiny McWinerson", which is slightly funny, but still very frustrating for the day. It was too hot, I haven't been running while I was at home so I'm out of shape (but I ran last night and was okay), I had a cut on my pinkie toe that was bothering me (which is almost as lame as pulling my big toe to start off the season), I ran out of water, I'm frustrated that our fundraiser isn't working out the way it should, etc., etc. etc. The worst part of the whole thing was that (legitimately) my knee started to hurt, REALLY bad. This is the first time since I've started running that my knee has hurt and I honestly couldn't handle it. I had to walk the last two runs because I couldn't physically run because it was swollen. I blamed it on the heat but honestly, I don't know what the problem was. I just hope that doesn't happen again any time soon, or at all!! All I know, is that at the end of the night, I realized how much I had complained and whined about my performance and it really sucked. I can only imagine how frustrated my teammates were that I was so negative. The whole thing was really bad. Despite my crummy night, which ended a serious pain in my lower back (no idea how/why that started) I decided to treat myself to a bath to improve my mood and give my body a little treat. Tomorrow will be better and I will improve my attitude because I absolutely refuse to call myself "Whiny McWhinerson" again.

Today's Miles: 4.5
Total Miles: 64.5

No comments:

Post a Comment