Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Sea Level vs. Altitude

When I was starting to run and start preparing for this marathon in Denver, everybody told me that I was crazy for running at altitude. Why would I willingly run at 6,500 feet with no oxygen in Denver when I could run the race at sea level in San Francisco. My explanation has always been that I've never run at sea level (trust me, I didn't run when I lived on the East Coast) so all I'm going to know is what it's like to run at altitude. The silver lining to my trip to CT this week was that I would be able to see what it's like to run at sea level after training at altitude and hopefully kick some butt! Well, I went for my first run today and it kicked my butt. I wish I could say that I was a superstar running crazy miles and not having any trouble breathing but I think that taking a week off from running before this really took away those perks. Damn. We'll see if tomorrow's long run by the beach is any better ...

Today's Miles: 2.0
Total Mileage: 57.0

No comments:

Post a Comment