Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hot, hot, hot!!

Holy moly, tonight was hot!! By the time we made it to the track at 6:30pm, it was still 85* and the sun was beating down on the black track. I knew the second I walked out the door of work that it was going to be hot but wow, it was super hot. I tried to stay as hydrated as possible, which included every few laps around the track. The heat truly affected me and wiped me out pretty quick and I felt myself becoming tired more quickly than normal. I am proud of the fact that despite how tired I was and how hot it was outside, I never stopped running. I even kept a consistent pace the entire run, which is so important. I was very proud of myself tonight to persevere and push through my body being tired and hot. Even though I ran well, it doesn't mean that I wasn't exhausted when I walked off the track ...

Today's Miles: 5.5
Total Miles:78.0

No comments:

Post a Comment