Wednesday, December 23, 2009

And I'm Done

And that was the end of my running this week. I was sore today when I was on the way to the gym to run but I was determined to run anyways. I wanted to do a speed workout so I got on the treadmill to do 100m sprints at 7.0m with my slower speed being 5.0. About 3/4 of the mile through, I knew I was done and had to really push myself to hit the 1 mile mark. I did and immediately hopped off the treadmill and cried. It literally feels like someone was stabbing me in the side of the calf / shin with a knife. I hobbled over to stretch a bit and wait for Frank. I was so sore that I cried while stretching and he couldn't believe how bad I looked when he walked over. I haven't felt pain like that in so long. I was so sore I couldn't even rely on my leg to hold me up enough to compete with Frank in our "plank" challenge. I walked out of the gym limping from pain and knew that I had hit the point where I needed to rest again for a few days. Sigh, this injury is going to be a challenge for me and I'm really feeling defeated today.

Today's Miles: 1.0
Total Miles: 31.5

No comments:

Post a Comment