Monday, December 21, 2009

Finally Running Again

For the record, shin splints are the more painful "injury" ever. I've been dealing with a lot of pain in my left shin that's been getting progressively worse and it's finally been diagnosed as shin splints, one of the worst runner's injuries. I needed to give my legs a rest ... mostly so that I could get the pain to go away and I wasn't able to do much of anything anyways without excruciating pain. I was going crazy not running!

Well, I'm home now in CT for Christmas break and Frank bought me a gym membership for the week as a Christmas present (yes, I know that's frowned down upon by many but not me!). I was excited to get back out to the gym and on the treadmill, although I was a bit hesitant on how my legs would feel and was worried that I would experience the pain again. I got on the treadmill and got running and got 2 miles in and was feeling pretty good ... so good that I ended up running a pretty strong 5k. I was a little tender afterwards but I felt so good to be running again. Can't wait to get back out there tomorrow.

Today's Miles: 3.0
Total Miles: 28.5

No comments:

Post a Comment