Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Track on the Treadmill

Well, for anyone that hasn't heard me complain about it yet, Colorado is experiencing one of the coldest weeks I've ever felt. Sub zero temperatures, snow, high wind, etc. Truly one of those weeks that makes you only want to curl up in bed under the covers or in front of the fireplace. After looking at the weather forecast for tonight (see below), Coaches Ben and Kelly cancelled track practice for tonight.




I really enjoy track practice. I may miss Saturday morning group runs or skip the runs I'm supposed to do on my own during the week but I NEVER miss Tuesday track practices. I really like the variation, I like to push myself a bit and I love feeling accomplished when I hit a pace. Thankfully, Ben gave me the track workout for the day and I bundled up and went over to the treadmill at the apartment complex to do it on my own. 800(E) warmup walk, followed by 800(T), 800 (I), 800(R), all with 400(E) between. It was nice to set a pace on the treadmill and just run, it took the variation out of my own speed while running around the track. I did miss the rest of the group tonight, and I did skip the plyometric workout at the end of the run. That darn calf pain is starting to come back and I really want to get back and ice them ... ironic since it's so darn cold outside!! I'm hoping it warms up slightly the next few days so I can get back to running outside and back to running with the group on Saturday!

Today's Miles: 3.0
Total Miles: 21.5

No comments:

Post a Comment