Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Happy 50th!


During tonight's track practice, I hit my first milestone of running a total of 50 miles! It took me a month or so, but I have ran 50 miles ... wow. A month ago, I couldn't run at all and now I'm running miles at a time and they've added up to 50. It's such a great feeling :)
Unfortunately though, practice was a bit tough tonight. I haven't run since last week's practice and I've got this pleasant head cold that's kicking my butt right now. The general rule of thumb of running while sick is to use the "neck rule" - anything above the neck is okay to run, anything below is grounds to take a day or so off. I went to practice and coach told me just to walk, which was frustrating for me since I haven't run in a week but it was better to me than doing nothing. I just want to make sure that this cold goes away soon so I can get back to running and feeling better as soon as possible. I'm still just happy that I was able to get out there and still participate and hit my 50 mile mark tonight!!
Today's Miles: 5.0
Total Miles: 53.5

No comments:

Post a Comment