Tuesday, June 2, 2009

It's Not Enough ... Really?

I almost got booted off the track team "island" tonight by my running friends ... for stating that I wanted to run more, that I didn't feel like we had done enough. Ha! Me, saying that I wanted to do more. And that was after a total of 4 1/2 miles and 540 yards of various exercises on the turf. I was hesitant to work out all day because it was so gray and dreary out and I almost didn't even go to track practice because it was 45 degrees, windy and drizzly. I literally was hesitating all the way up until the point where I had to turn my car left to the highway or right to go home. I went to practice, started off at the track with a great mile run and the positive feelings kept going from there and didn't stop. I'm still feeling pretty good :) I even made plans with some teammates to run some other races this summer, about how we're going to be "those" runners that run races and then run more afterwards! We talked about planning a fundraiser for the summer, and running more. It was just such a good night of running and being with my teammates.

Working out and running is energizing and contagious. Once I started, it felt good and I wanted to keep going. I felt good, I felt really good. I'm hoping I can remember those good feelings next time I don't want to work out because it really is a tremendous feeling. Makes exercising worth it.

Daily miles: 4.5
Total miles: 20.5

No comments:

Post a Comment