Saturday, June 6, 2009

Section 16 Hike

On this beautiful Saturday morning, I set off on a hike in Section 16 with Becky, Nicole and Lisa. I had already decided that I wasn't going to make it to the group run in the morning and thought a 6 mile hike was a great substitute, and much more enjoyable! The hike up kicked our butt - it was really steep but the views along the way were worth it. And unlike most hikes in the area that I've done, we were hiking in woods that reminded me of the east coast, smelling of pine trees, instead of looking at red rocks the entire time. The top was remarkable, really made me fall in love with Colorado even more than I already did. The hike back down was more gradual, although it was longer. We all finished the hike back down with a jog across the gate at the end of the path, a tribute to all of the talks we had about running marathons during our hike.



Oh, and after our hike, we went to the Manitou Springs Wine Festival ... the perfect way to rehydrate :)

No comments:

Post a Comment