Thursday, June 11, 2009

I Just Kept Going

I've been pretty attached to my treadmills lately for my runs. I'm in love with the comfort of climate control (air conditioning, no rain, etc.), being able to run at one pace at one elevation, a TV for entertainment make the time go by faster (especially with the NBA playoffs going on), and honestly, I'm terrified of cars zooming past me on the roads! But today, I decided that I was going to head out on the roads near my house and go for my 3 mile run. It was tough. I still struggle with the slightest bit of a hill which I'm going to have to work on still because it's IMPOSSIBLE to run without them around here! So, I'm running along, and right around the 2 1/2 mile point I get this burst of energy and I decide I want to go just a bit further. I can either go left or right past my apartment and left brings me up that monster hill (from a few weeks ago that I HATE) so I decide to go right. Perfect - the USAFA gate is just a little bit down the road. I'll run there and then walk back, it will be the perfect extra run and then cool down home. I'm happy, jogging along, and it's further than I thought it was. I get to the gate, turn around and I'm still jogging home, feeling good. I get back and I decide to hop in my car to check out the mileage ... yep, I added an extra 2 miles to my run!!! Holy moly, I just ran 5 miles!! I don't know if it was the warm sun that kept me going or the fact that I was just in a good mood or what, but I ran 5 miles and I felt good. I'm going to have to get off my treadmill and get outside a bit more often!

Today's Miles: 5.0
Total Miles: 38.5

No comments:

Post a Comment